Long Island News
Teen accused of killing girlfriend's dog
SELDON, N.Y. (WABC) -- The Suffolk County SPCA has charged a Selden man with Felony Animal Cruelty for causing fatal injury to his girlfriend's dog on January 31, 2011.
Chief Roy Gross of the Suffolk County SPCA said that SPCA Detectives arrested Vincent A. Maio, 18, of Selden for allegedly picking up the dog, throwing it into a nightstand, and then punching it in the head.The dog, a 5 year old female Pomeranian named Foxy, was brought to a local Veterinarian and had multiple rib fractures, flail chest, and a punctured lung.
Foxy's condition deteriorated so much at her Veterinarian's office that CPR had to be performed before she died. "This was a horrible act of animal cruelty, Foxy was a very docile dog who did not deserve to be treated in this cruel manner," said Gross.
long island, animal abuse, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 14 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 51 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos