Long Island News
Hard hat bandit robs Chase Bank in Babylon
BABYLON, N.Y. (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police are searching for suspect who robbed a bank wearing a hard hat.
The so-called hard hat bandit entered the Chase Bank branch in West Babylon on Sunrise Highway at 12:51 p.m. on Wednesday.
Police say the man approached a teller, demanded cash and indicated that he had a gun.
The teller complied with the suspect's demands and gave him cash from the drawer.
The man fled and was last seen driving westbound on Sunrise Highway Service Road in an older model, tan-colored, 4-door sedan.
The suspect is described as a white male wearing an orange construction helmet, blue work coveralls and work boots.
He was also wearing glasses with black frames, black gloves, and a bandage over his right eye which was used to disguise his appearance.
He is described as being in his late 30s to early 40s, clean shaven and with a heavyset build.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call anonymously Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 19 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 49 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 4 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
19 min ago