Long Island News
LI dad charged with drunk driving with kid in car
COMMACK (WABC) -- A Long Island man was arrested Wednesday night for allegedly driving while intoxicated with his 15-year-old daughter in the vehicle.
Police arrested 52-year-old Sean Durham, of St. James, after he was pulled over for driving his 2007 Honda erratically on Jericho Turnpike in Commack at approximately 8:35 p.m. His tail light was also out.
Upon interviewing Durham, the officer determined Durham was intoxicated and placed him under arrest. Durham's 15 year-old-daughter, who was an occupant in the vehicle at that time, was unharmed and was turned over to a family member.
Durham is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as endangering the welfare of a child, criminal possession of a controlled substance for possession of cocaine and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, commack, leandra rosado, drunk driving, long island news
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 29 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25