Long Island News
Police: Woman used grill to heat house
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police have arrested a Brentwood woman after she used a barbeque grill to heat her home, sickening her family.
A resident of the home on Merrill Street in Brentwood called 911 around 4:00 this morning after a woman inside the home passed out.
When police arrived, they determined that the residents were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to police, the woman used a barbeque grill in the house for heat after the family had run out of heating oil.
The fumes quickly spread, sending carbon monoxide through the house.
Police found Marie Claudia Blaise, 43, and her son Claudys, 13, unconscious and her daughter, Francysca, 10, semi-conscious.
Yves Blaise, 49, and the couple's daughter, Frandia, 16, walked out of the house on their own.
All five were transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Marie Claudia was later transported to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow.
She was charged with reckless endangerment.
long island, suffolk county, brentwood, arrest, carbon monoxide, long island news
- House fire in New Brunswick 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 1 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 33 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
33 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
20 min ago