Long Island News
Parts of LIE reopened after accident
OLD WESTBURY, New York (WABC) -- The Long Island Expressway was reopened in both directions in Old Westbury after an earlier accident.
Two people may have been struck by a passing eastbound car while changing a tire at Exit 39.
Their conditions were not immediately clear. Authorities called for a helicopter to take the injured to the hospital.
Two others who were in the passing car were also being treated for injuries.
The Long Island Expressway was closed in both directions for an extended period of time for the investigation.
long island, long island expressway, accident, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 50 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams