Long Island News
Parts of LIE reopened after accident
OLD WESTBURY, New York (WABC) -- The Long Island Expressway was reopened in both directions in Old Westbury after an earlier accident.
Two people may have been struck by a passing eastbound car while changing a tire at Exit 39.
Their conditions were not immediately clear. Authorities called for a helicopter to take the injured to the hospital.
Two others who were in the passing car were also being treated for injuries.
The Long Island Expressway was closed in both directions for an extended period of time for the investigation.
long island, long island expressway, accident, long island news
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 14 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos