Long Island News
Police investigating rape at State Park
KINGS PARK (WABC) -- Police say a 20 year-old woman was raped on Monday, in Nissequogue River State Park.
The victim was walking on a bicycle path near Old Dock Road in the park around 5:30 p.m, when an unknown white male approached her.
Police said the suspect is said to have a thin muscular build, blonde hair, and is about six feet tall.
Both State Park and Suffolk County Police Forces performed a search of the area and surrounding community.
State Park Police are urging anyone with information to contact them at (631) 321-3700.
long island, rape, new york state police, new york state, long island news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos