Long Island News
LI man accused of stealing manhole covers for scrap
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A Long Island is accused of stealing manhole covers and sewer caps to sell as scrap metal.
Dimarzo is charged with petit larceny, reckless endangerment and other charges. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Police say Dimarzo removed numerous iron covers this month with the intent of scrapping the material for money.
Police say the exposed holes created potentially dangerous situations for pedestrians.
long island, ronkonkoma, theft, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos