Long Island News
LI man accused of stealing manhole covers for scrap
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A Long Island is accused of stealing manhole covers and sewer caps to sell as scrap metal.
Dimarzo is charged with petit larceny, reckless endangerment and other charges. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Police say Dimarzo removed numerous iron covers this month with the intent of scrapping the material for money.
Police say the exposed holes created potentially dangerous situations for pedestrians.
long island, ronkonkoma, theft, long island news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
25 min ago