Long Island News
Woman, 63, struck and killed by police car
BELLMORE, N.Y. -- A Long Island woman has died after she was struck by a police car.
Police say the officer was driving east on Merrick Road when he hit 63-year-old Sherry Lang. She was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
The officer's name was not released. He was treated at an area hospital for bruises to his knees.
The investigation is ongoing.
long island, nassau county, accident, pedestrian struck, police accident, police, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 9 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 30 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 52 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos