Long Island News
Buses catch fire in Ronkonkoma repair yard
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- Firefighters were scrambling to kill the flames of buses on fire on Long Island Tuesday night.
The fire broke out at 6 p.m. at a bus repair yard on Veteran's Memorial Highway in Ronkonkoma.
The flames roared from one bus to the other, leaving smoking, and charred metal in its wake.
Two school buses and three transit buses were destroyed.
No one was in the buses.
Arson investigators are searching for the cause of the fire.
long island, bus, fire, ronkonkoma, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos