Long Island News
No new finds in Long Island beach search
OAK BEACH -- New York state police say they've found no new clues in a search near the remote oceanfront area where the remains of 10 people were discovered.
Tuesday was the second straight day of searching along access roads to the Ocean Parkway on Long Island.
Traces of 10 bodies have been found along Ocean Parkway since December.
A police spokesman said no remains or other significant clues were found during the search of thick underbrush along the Robert Moses Causeway.
He said about 50 officers from several departments, along with 8 dogs and a helicopter, took part in the search.
long island, suffolk county, gilgo beach, body found, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 26 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos