Long Island News
No new finds in Long Island beach search
OAK BEACH -- New York state police say they've found no new clues in a search near the remote oceanfront area where the remains of 10 people were discovered.
Tuesday was the second straight day of searching along access roads to the Ocean Parkway on Long Island.
Traces of 10 bodies have been found along Ocean Parkway since December.
A police spokesman said no remains or other significant clues were found during the search of thick underbrush along the Robert Moses Causeway.
He said about 50 officers from several departments, along with 8 dogs and a helicopter, took part in the search.
long island, suffolk county, gilgo beach, body found, long island news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 30 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 48 min ago
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 6 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 37 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
30 min ago