Long Island News
No new finds in Long Island beach search
OAK BEACH -- New York state police say they've found no new clues in a search near the remote oceanfront area where the remains of 10 people were discovered.
Tuesday was the second straight day of searching along access roads to the Ocean Parkway on Long Island.
Traces of 10 bodies have been found along Ocean Parkway since December.
A police spokesman said no remains or other significant clues were found during the search of thick underbrush along the Robert Moses Causeway.
He said about 50 officers from several departments, along with 8 dogs and a helicopter, took part in the search.
long island, suffolk county, gilgo beach, body found, long island news
- At least 2 dead, 64 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem 19 min ago
- Before East Harlem Explosion, resident remembers gas smell 21 min ago
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media 39 min ago
- Video: Dozens injured in East Harlem explosion 31 min ago
- Video: Damages throught neighborhood after East... 31 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 26 min ago
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
5 min ago