Long Island News
Young sisters struck by car in Smithtown
SMITHTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two sisters were struck by a car in Smithtown Thursday evening.
It happened on East Main St. near Lawrence Avenue at around 5:30 p.m.
A 9-year-old girl was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center, while her 13-year-old sister went to the hospital via ambulance.
Their conditions are unknown.
The car involved remained at the scene.
The cause is under investigation, but at this point no criminality is suspected.
long island, smithtown, accident, long island news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 43 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time 28 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million 23 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
43 min ago