Long Island News
Young sisters struck by car in Smithtown
SMITHTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two sisters were struck by a car in Smithtown Thursday evening.
It happened on East Main St. near Lawrence Avenue at around 5:30 p.m.
A 9-year-old girl was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center, while her 13-year-old sister went to the hospital via ambulance.
Their conditions are unknown.
The car involved remained at the scene.
The cause is under investigation, but at this point no criminality is suspected.
long island, smithtown, accident, long island news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Numbers for Mega Millions $636 million jackpot drawn
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 5 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos