Long Island News
Survey handed out to LIRR riders
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The news isn't getting better for LIRR riders.
Workers spent the day trying to get the tracks repaired to get train service back to normal as soon as possible, but that looks like it won't happen until at least Friday morning.
Today, fliers on the seats of their commuter trains urged them to participate in the railroad's annual Customer Satisfaction Survey.
The Long Island Rail Road slashed service by 25% percent this week after Sunday's Amtrak derailment forced one of their four east river tunnels to be shut-down.
Commuters have been left with longer rides aboard jam-packed trains.
The survey is routinely conducted at the end of May and the railroad spokesman says the timing is a coincidence.
"It's a management tool that we use to try to get better," said LIRR spokesman Joe Calderone. "It's not an idle exercise. We know people aren't happy this week."
Riders said the railroad officials should brace themselves for the results.
Customers are urged to check on LIRR service before heading to train stations by monitoring the MTA website, MTA.info, listening to the latest news broadcasts and traffic reports and/or signing up for free E-Alerts that provide the latest train information direct from the LIRR train operations center.
For the latest information on train service, customers should go to MTA.info or monitor LIRR service alerts via email. Customers can also contact the LIRR's Travel Information Center at 718-217-5477 (718-217-LIRR). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 718-217-5477.
long island, long island railroad, long island news, jamie roth
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 33 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 3 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 5 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 58 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 7 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 36 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
1 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
7 min ago