Long Island News
Police investigating Long Island shooting incident
CENTRAL ISLIP -- A Long Island man is in serious condition after being shot in the neck by a man who approached him on the street.
Suffolk County police say the 23-year-old victim was walking near East Elm Street in Central Islip when the man came up and shot him.
The victim was able to waive down a passing motorist who drove him to the fire department. Firefighters stabilized the victim and then transported him to the hospital where he was listed in serious but stable condition.
Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, central islip, shooting, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 4 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos