Long Island News
Police investigating Long Island shooting incident
CENTRAL ISLIP -- A Long Island man is in serious condition after being shot in the neck by a man who approached him on the street.
Suffolk County police say the 23-year-old victim was walking near East Elm Street in Central Islip when the man came up and shot him.
The victim was able to waive down a passing motorist who drove him to the fire department. Firefighters stabilized the victim and then transported him to the hospital where he was listed in serious but stable condition.
Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, central islip, shooting, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
30 min ago