Long Island News
Mastic Beach woman found murdered in home
MASTIC BEACH (WABC) -- Homicide detectives in Suffolk County are investigating the death of a Mastic Beach woman.
She who was found unresponsive in her bed on May 24.
The Suffolk County Medical Examiner determined that she died of asphyxia.
Friends and family said her phone and purse were stolen.
Malave worked at Stony Brook Medical Center, according to family members.
The investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, mastic beach, suffolk county, crime, murder, long island news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 23 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 23 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- Snow coming down in New York City 39 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 55 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 3 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service 2 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos