Long Island News
Search for remains resumes on LI beaches
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Investigators said they found nothing new after resuming their search for victims of a potential serial killer on Long Island Tuesday.
State and Suffolk County police say FBI aerial photos prompted them to return to the island's south shore.
Investigators would not say whether the images provide more evidence.
Police fanned out east of the previous search areas, where they have found the remains of 10 people since December.
Police believe a serial killer may be responsible for the deaths of at least four prostitutes whose bodies were found in the area. Authorities suspect other killers may have also left victims along the remote parkway, going back at least a decade.
long island, long island news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 5 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 14 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 8 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 43 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
5 min ago