Long Island News
Search for remains resumes on LI beaches
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Investigators said they found nothing new after resuming their search for victims of a potential serial killer on Long Island Tuesday.
State and Suffolk County police say FBI aerial photos prompted them to return to the island's south shore.
Investigators would not say whether the images provide more evidence.
Police fanned out east of the previous search areas, where they have found the remains of 10 people since December.
Police believe a serial killer may be responsible for the deaths of at least four prostitutes whose bodies were found in the area. Authorities suspect other killers may have also left victims along the remote parkway, going back at least a decade.
long island, long island news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 45 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 12 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 3 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest