Long Island News
Long Island schools supt makes over $405,000
SYOSSET, New York -- A Long Island schools superintendent is taking some flak for getting a big pay hike. Her base salary is more than $405,000 a year.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has cited Hankin's salary as an example of wasteful school spending.
Hankin - who's in her 21st year as superintendent - tells Newsday that she's learned not to pay too much attention to critics.
The district has a high academic reputation. A PTA official, Susan Parker, says Hankin has done a great job.
long island, money, long island news
- PATH service suspended due to leaning pole 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 40 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 24 min ago
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains 22 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas