Long Island News
Long Island schools supt makes over $405,000
SYOSSET, New York -- A Long Island schools superintendent is taking some flak for getting a big pay hike. Her base salary is more than $405,000 a year.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has cited Hankin's salary as an example of wasteful school spending.
Hankin - who's in her 21st year as superintendent - tells Newsday that she's learned not to pay too much attention to critics.
The district has a high academic reputation. A PTA official, Susan Parker, says Hankin has done a great job.
long island, money, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway 56 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 38 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58 18 min ago
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos