Long Island News
Suffolk increases reward in beach bodies search
OAK BEACH, New York (WABC) -- Suffolk County Crime Stoppers has increased the reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the homicides discovered along Ocean Parkway to $25,000, making it the largest reward offered in county history.
"We believe there is information out there that could aid the police department in solving this case," Crime Stoppers Board President Nick Amarr said. "We are hoping this will give someone incentive to come forward."
A further search of the area in the spring led to the discovery of the remains of four additional people. One set of remains has been identified as that of Jessica Taylor. Partial remains of Taylor's body were discovered in Manorville in 2003. The other three sets of remains have yet to be identified.
"The Crime Stoppers program is an important tool for police in furthering their investigations," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said. "The combined efforts of the Crime Stoppers board and public support have brought successful conclusions to hundreds of Suffolk County cases. I am hopeful that the increased reward will provide critical information to help bring those responsible to justice."
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220 TIPS or text "SCPD" and your message to CRIMES (274637) or visit TipSubmit.com. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, long island news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 35 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 18 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 32 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 8 min ago
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Authorities continue to clear debris from...
40 min ago