Long Island News
Man robs TD Bank in Farmingville
FARMINGVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a man who robbed a bank in Farmingville.
It happened at the TD Bank branch on Horseblock Road at about 5:50 p.m. Thursday.
The robber handed a teller a note that contained a threat and demanded cash.
The teller gave the man cash from the drawer and he ran out of the bank and across Horseblock Road.
The man was last seen running through a shopping plaza parking lot located across the street from the bank on North Ocean Avenue.
The suspect is described as a white man in his late 30's or early 40's, about 6 feet tall, and wearing a tan short-sleeve polo shirt and a classic blue Yankee hat with a white logo.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on this case to call the Major Case Unit at 631-852-6295 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, farmingville, bank robbery, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 31 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 44 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 41 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 19 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos