Long Island News
Laffer indicted in Medford pharmacy massacre
MEDFORD -- A Long Island man has been indicted in connection with a drugstore robbery for painkillers that left four people dead.
An assistant Suffolk County prosecutor made the announcement during a brief court proceeding Tuesday involving 33-year-old David Laffer of Medford. He is currently being held without bail on first-degree murder charges and did not appear in court.
The specific charges returned by a grand jury were expected to be announced in the coming days.
The bloodshed occurred on Father's Day at Haven Drugs in Medford. Police say two employees and two customers were shot at point-blank range.
Laffer's wife, Melinda Brady, was arrested on charges of robbery and obstruction. She is also facing a possible upgrade in charges.
Her Tuesday court appearance was postponed to July 15.
long island, farmingville, robbery, medford, murder, long island news, jamie roth
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 27 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos