Long Island News
Laffer indicted in Medford pharmacy massacre
MEDFORD -- A Long Island man has been indicted in connection with a drugstore robbery for painkillers that left four people dead.
An assistant Suffolk County prosecutor made the announcement during a brief court proceeding Tuesday involving 33-year-old David Laffer of Medford. He is currently being held without bail on first-degree murder charges and did not appear in court.
The specific charges returned by a grand jury were expected to be announced in the coming days.
The bloodshed occurred on Father's Day at Haven Drugs in Medford. Police say two employees and two customers were shot at point-blank range.
Laffer's wife, Melinda Brady, was arrested on charges of robbery and obstruction. She is also facing a possible upgrade in charges.
Her Tuesday court appearance was postponed to July 15.
long island, farmingville, robbery, medford, murder, long island news, jamie roth
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 13 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 34 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 16 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 25 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen