Long Island News
Bank robbery in East Northport
EAST NORTHPORT, N.Y. (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police are searching for the man who robbed a People's United Bank branch in East Northport Thursday.
Police say the man entered the bank, on Larkfield Road at approximately 5:30 p.m. and pulled out an automatic handgun and verbally demanded cash from a teller.
The teller gave the man cash from the drawer, and the suspect fled on foot, north through the parking lot.
No one was injured.
The suspect is described as white, between 50 and 60-years-old, between 5 feet 8 inches tall and 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a stocky build.
He was wearing a short-sleeve shirt with a dark t-shirt underneath, a dark hat with no logo, blue jeans, white sneakers and was carrying a dark backpack.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on this case to call the Major Case Unit at 631-852-6295 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 7 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 31 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 4 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 27 min ago