Long Island News
14-year-old hit by train in North Bellport
NORTH BELLPORT, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teenage boy is in critical condition on Long Island after he was struck by a train on Wednesday.
The conductor reported seeing a group of teens on the tracks just before the accident.
It's not clear why they were there.
The victim was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Suffolk County police arrested a 13-year-old boy who was with the teen who was struck.
He was charged with criminal mischief for throwing rocks at cars from the train tracks.
long island, train accident, train, bellport, long island news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 52 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident