Long Island News
14-year-old hit by train in North Bellport
NORTH BELLPORT, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teenage boy is in critical condition on Long Island after he was struck by a train on Wednesday.
The conductor reported seeing a group of teens on the tracks just before the accident.
It's not clear why they were there.
The victim was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Suffolk County police arrested a 13-year-old boy who was with the teen who was struck.
He was charged with criminal mischief for throwing rocks at cars from the train tracks.
long island, train accident, train, bellport, long island news
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos