Long Island News
Apparent murder-suicide after domestic dispute
BAY SHORE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating an apparent murder-suicide that occurred in Bay Shore early Tuesday morning.
Suffolk County police responded to Spruce Street at 1:07 a.m. after receiving a call of a domestic dispute. When officers arrived, they discovered a man and woman had been fatally shot.
Police believe Jason Jenkins, 27, entered the apartment with a shotgun and had a dispute with his ex-girlfriend, Sanita Williams, 26, over visitation rights of their 3-month-old daughter. Authorities say Jenkins fatally shot Williams in the living room and then shot himself.
Williams shared the apartment with her sister, Shanna Jordan. Jordan, 30, jumped out a window of the second-story apartment. She was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore via ambulance for treatment of a broken leg.
A 12-year old boy, 5-year-old girl and the couple's infant were in the apartment at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, bay shore, murder, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey