Long Island News
Apparent murder-suicide after domestic dispute
BAY SHORE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating an apparent murder-suicide that occurred in Bay Shore early Tuesday morning.
Suffolk County police responded to Spruce Street at 1:07 a.m. after receiving a call of a domestic dispute. When officers arrived, they discovered a man and woman had been fatally shot.
Police believe Jason Jenkins, 27, entered the apartment with a shotgun and had a dispute with his ex-girlfriend, Sanita Williams, 26, over visitation rights of their 3-month-old daughter. Authorities say Jenkins fatally shot Williams in the living room and then shot himself.
Williams shared the apartment with her sister, Shanna Jordan. Jordan, 30, jumped out a window of the second-story apartment. She was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore via ambulance for treatment of a broken leg.
A 12-year old boy, 5-year-old girl and the couple's infant were in the apartment at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, bay shore, murder, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 46 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 59 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos