Long Island News
Mom who lost 3 daughters in wreck is pregnant
GARDEN CITY -- A woman whose three daughters were killed in a 2009 wrong-way drunken driving crash says she and her husband are expecting a baby in the fall.
Jackie Hance is speaking out for the first time since the wreck that killed eight people on the Taconic Parkway north of New York City.
Her daughters were passengers in a van driven by their aunt when it slammed into another vehicle after traveling the wrong way for nearly two miles. The aunt, Diane Schuler, her daughter, and three men in the other vehicle, were killed.
Investigators later determined that Schuler was intoxicated and had recently been smoking marijuana.
Hance tells Ladies Home Journal she still struggles with the loss of her daughters, and still has trouble accepting that her sister-in-law was responsible.
taconic state parkway, taconic parkway accident, garden city, long island, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 6 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars 1 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 1 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos