Long Island News
Mom who lost 3 daughters in wreck is pregnant
GARDEN CITY -- A woman whose three daughters were killed in a 2009 wrong-way drunken driving crash says she and her husband are expecting a baby in the fall.
Jackie Hance is speaking out for the first time since the wreck that killed eight people on the Taconic Parkway north of New York City.
Her daughters were passengers in a van driven by their aunt when it slammed into another vehicle after traveling the wrong way for nearly two miles. The aunt, Diane Schuler, her daughter, and three men in the other vehicle, were killed.
Investigators later determined that Schuler was intoxicated and had recently been smoking marijuana.
Hance tells Ladies Home Journal she still struggles with the loss of her daughters, and still has trouble accepting that her sister-in-law was responsible.
taconic state parkway, taconic parkway accident, garden city, long island, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 5 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 8 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 23 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos