Long Island News
Mom who lost 3 daughters in wreck is pregnant
GARDEN CITY -- A woman whose three daughters were killed in a 2009 wrong-way drunken driving crash says she and her husband are expecting a baby in the fall.
Jackie Hance is speaking out for the first time since the wreck that killed eight people on the Taconic Parkway north of New York City.
Her daughters were passengers in a van driven by their aunt when it slammed into another vehicle after traveling the wrong way for nearly two miles. The aunt, Diane Schuler, her daughter, and three men in the other vehicle, were killed.
Investigators later determined that Schuler was intoxicated and had recently been smoking marijuana.
Hance tells Ladies Home Journal she still struggles with the loss of her daughters, and still has trouble accepting that her sister-in-law was responsible.
taconic state parkway, taconic parkway accident, garden city, long island, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 27 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 41 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 27 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 4 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 32 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
7 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos