Long Island News
2 alleged bank robbers nabbed after calling taxi
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have two men in custody facing charges for a bank robbery in Suffolk County.
Paul Lynch, of Shirley, and Christopher Catalano, of Mastic Beach, were arrested just 20 minutes after the robbery in Shirley Tuesday.
Police say the two ran from the bank and then telephoned for a taxi.
A Suffolk police lieutenant saw the men in the cab and pulled them over.
All of the bank's money was recovered.
long island, shirley, bank robbery, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 40 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos