Long Island News
LI high school teacher missing after surfing accident
LONG BEACH (WABC) -- A teacher from Long Island is missing following a surfing accident in Indonesia.
According to his wife, his surf board was found in the water with a broken leash.
Rescue teams will continue searching for the 32-year-old Monday.
Hundreds of students and community members held a vigil on the Long Beach boardwalk, praying for his safe return.
long island, long beach, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases