Long Island News
LI police hunt for serial bank robber in his 50s or 60s
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- A bank robber in his 50s or 60s, who struck Tuesday in Northport, has been linked to a string of three other robberies in Nassau County.
Those took place in Newburgh and East Northport.
In the most recent incident, the man entered the bank, located at 721 Fort Salonga Road, armed with a black automatic handgun, approached a teller at approximately 5:35 p.m. and demanded cash. The teller complied with the demand and the subject fled the scene on foot southbound through the parking lot.
The suspect is described as a heavyset white male between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-8, clean shaven with gray hair. He was wearing a blue baseball hat with writing on the front, sunglasses, an aqua-blue shirt with a logo over the left breast, blue jeans, white sneakers and was carrying a black and blue backpack.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on this incident to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
long island, northport, bank robbery, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
28 min ago