Long Island News
LI police hunt for serial bank robber in his 50s or 60s
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- A bank robber in his 50s or 60s, who struck Tuesday in Northport, has been linked to a string of three other robberies in Nassau County.
Those took place in Newburgh and East Northport.
In the most recent incident, the man entered the bank, located at 721 Fort Salonga Road, armed with a black automatic handgun, approached a teller at approximately 5:35 p.m. and demanded cash. The teller complied with the demand and the subject fled the scene on foot southbound through the parking lot.
The suspect is described as a heavyset white male between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-8, clean shaven with gray hair. He was wearing a blue baseball hat with writing on the front, sunglasses, an aqua-blue shirt with a logo over the left breast, blue jeans, white sneakers and was carrying a black and blue backpack.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on this incident to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
long island, northport, bank robbery, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 52 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 36 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 14 min ago
- Justin Bieber due in Toronto court on assault charge 4 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos