Long Island News
Man arrested in string of 6 bank robberies
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The older man wanted in a string of robberies in Newburgh, Nassau County and Suffolk Counties is now under arrest.
Police say 58-year-old Michael Walsh was arrested near his East Elmhurst home.
Detectives recovered numerous items of evidence including a replica 9 mm airgun, a police scanner, cash, a shoulder bag and other items linking him to the robberies.
The Nassau County Police Department and Town of Newburgh Police Department have been notified.
The suspect has been implicated for four other bank robberies in those areas.
Northport Village Police assisted Major Case detectives in identifying Walsh.
Walsh is charged with two counts Robbery 1st Degree.
He's due in court for an arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday, July 30th.
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 2 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos