Long Island News
Man arrested in string of 6 bank robberies
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The older man wanted in a string of robberies in Newburgh, Nassau County and Suffolk Counties is now under arrest.
Police say 58-year-old Michael Walsh was arrested near his East Elmhurst home.
Detectives recovered numerous items of evidence including a replica 9 mm airgun, a police scanner, cash, a shoulder bag and other items linking him to the robberies.
The Nassau County Police Department and Town of Newburgh Police Department have been notified.
The suspect has been implicated for four other bank robberies in those areas.
Northport Village Police assisted Major Case detectives in identifying Walsh.
Walsh is charged with two counts Robbery 1st Degree.
He's due in court for an arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday, July 30th.
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 3 min ago
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 14 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 28 min ago