Long Island News
Man arrested in string of 6 bank robberies
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The older man wanted in a string of robberies in Newburgh, Nassau County and Suffolk Counties is now under arrest.
Police say 58-year-old Michael Walsh was arrested near his East Elmhurst home.
Detectives recovered numerous items of evidence including a replica 9 mm airgun, a police scanner, cash, a shoulder bag and other items linking him to the robberies.
The Nassau County Police Department and Town of Newburgh Police Department have been notified.
The suspect has been implicated for four other bank robberies in those areas.
Northport Village Police assisted Major Case detectives in identifying Walsh.
Walsh is charged with two counts Robbery 1st Degree.
He's due in court for an arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday, July 30th.
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
10 min ago