Long Island News
Wrong-way driver on LIE nabbed by police
RIVERHEAD (WABC) -- Suffolk County police got to a wrong-way driver on the Long Island Expressway before he caused any damage or injury.
Three squad cars boxed in 20-year-old Eric Jones, of Riverhead, early Sunday morning.
Police say his blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.
He reportedly told officers he didn't know when he got on the LIE or how he ended up going the wrong way.
long island, riverhead, wrong way driver, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees