Long Island News
Wrong-way driver on LIE nabbed by police
RIVERHEAD (WABC) -- Suffolk County police got to a wrong-way driver on the Long Island Expressway before he caused any damage or injury.
Three squad cars boxed in 20-year-old Eric Jones, of Riverhead, early Sunday morning.
Police say his blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.
He reportedly told officers he didn't know when he got on the LIE or how he ended up going the wrong way.
long island, riverhead, wrong way driver, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 54 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos