Long Island News
Blind surfers hit Long Island beach
LONG BEACH (WABC) -- For many people, the idea of surfing is intimidating, if not terrifying. But a group of blind teenagers is overcoming the challenge.
They took special lessons on Long Beach.
The teens got familiar with the surf boards before heading into the water.
Then they hit the waves with an instructor.
long island, long beach, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 27 min ago
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half 41 min ago
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 47 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
27 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos