Long Island News
Suffolk police sergeant killed in off-duty wreck
MORICHES, N.Y. (WABC) -- A car crash on Long Island has claimed the life of a Suffolk County police sergeant.
Reecks was off-duty at the time. The cause of the wreck was under investigation.
Reecks was 57.
He joined the department in 1981 and rose to become commander of its bias-crimes unit in the late 1990s.
He led that unit until a command shakeup in January.
long island, moriches, police officer dies, long island news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos