Long Island News
Suffolk police sergeant killed in off-duty wreck
MORICHES, N.Y. (WABC) -- A car crash on Long Island has claimed the life of a Suffolk County police sergeant.
Reecks was off-duty at the time. The cause of the wreck was under investigation.
Reecks was 57.
He joined the department in 1981 and rose to become commander of its bias-crimes unit in the late 1990s.
He led that unit until a command shakeup in January.
long island, moriches, police officer dies, long island news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos