Long Island News
Suspected drug dealer shot by undercover officer
SUFFOLK COUNTY -- Prosecutors say a suspected drug dealer wounded in a shootout with police was in stable condition at a Long Island hospital Friday. He faces charges including first-degree attempted murder.
Nicholas Hansen of Farmingville is accused of opening fire on police officers at a gas station near a Long Island Expressway exit ramp on Thursday night. He survived and was expected to be arraigned on weapons, drugs and attempted murder charges at a later date.
The name of his attorney was not immediately known.
Prosecutors say Hansen was struck four times during the brief exchange of gunfire. No officers were injured.
The shooting occured moments after Hansen allegedly tried to sell undercover officers four ounces of cocaine.
long island, suffolk county, shooting, police shooting, drug bust, drug arrest, long island news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 8 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 10 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
58 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
10 min ago