Long Island News
Suspected drug dealer shot by undercover officer
SUFFOLK COUNTY -- Prosecutors say a suspected drug dealer wounded in a shootout with police was in stable condition at a Long Island hospital Friday. He faces charges including first-degree attempted murder.
Nicholas Hansen of Farmingville is accused of opening fire on police officers at a gas station near a Long Island Expressway exit ramp on Thursday night. He survived and was expected to be arraigned on weapons, drugs and attempted murder charges at a later date.
The name of his attorney was not immediately known.
Prosecutors say Hansen was struck four times during the brief exchange of gunfire. No officers were injured.
The shooting occured moments after Hansen allegedly tried to sell undercover officers four ounces of cocaine.
long island, suffolk county, shooting, police shooting, drug bust, drug arrest, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97