Long Island News
Sayville pharmacy robbed of painkillers
SAYVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police are searching for the man who robbed a Sayville pharmacy Monday.
It happened at the CVS Pharmacy, located at 270 Main St., at 11:58 a.m.
Police say the suspect jumped over the pharmacy counter and shot an employee in the foot with an imitation air gun.
The suspect then produced a second weapon, which he used to force the employee to open a safe containing Oxycontin and stole approximately 150 pills.
The man ran out the rear of the store toward Handsome Avenue.
The suspect is described as a white man, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and between 20 and 30 years old. He was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a black scarf over his face.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Fifth Squad at 631-854-8552 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, robbery, sayville, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 56 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 55 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 46 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 44 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos