Long Island News
Sayville pharmacy robbed of painkillers
SAYVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police are searching for the man who robbed a Sayville pharmacy Monday.
It happened at the CVS Pharmacy, located at 270 Main St., at 11:58 a.m.
Police say the suspect jumped over the pharmacy counter and shot an employee in the foot with an imitation air gun.
The suspect then produced a second weapon, which he used to force the employee to open a safe containing Oxycontin and stole approximately 150 pills.
The man ran out the rear of the store toward Handsome Avenue.
The suspect is described as a white man, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and between 20 and 30 years old. He was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a black scarf over his face.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Fifth Squad at 631-854-8552 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, robbery, sayville, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 20 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
20 min ago