Long Island News
Child found wandering LI streets at 1:30 a.m.
SMITHTOWN (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the apparent case of an abandoned child.
A man driving home found a small child wandering alone near Terry Road and Townline Road in Smithtown about 1:30 a.m.
The man took the child, who is about 3 years old, to his house and called police.
The child is reportedly in good health and with police at the Fourth Precinct.
Police believe they have located the child's parents.
long island, smithtown, long island news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls 37 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos