Long Island News
Child found wandering LI streets at 1:30 a.m.
SMITHTOWN (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the apparent case of an abandoned child.
A man driving home found a small child wandering alone near Terry Road and Townline Road in Smithtown about 1:30 a.m.
The man took the child, who is about 3 years old, to his house and called police.
The child is reportedly in good health and with police at the Fourth Precinct.
Police believe they have located the child's parents.
long island, smithtown, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos