Long Island News
Child found wandering LI streets at 1:30 a.m.
SMITHTOWN (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the apparent case of an abandoned child.
A man driving home found a small child wandering alone near Terry Road and Townline Road in Smithtown about 1:30 a.m.
The man took the child, who is about 3 years old, to his house and called police.
The child is reportedly in good health and with police at the Fourth Precinct.
Police believe they have located the child's parents.
long island, smithtown, long island news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 59 min ago
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile