Long Island News
Chemical spill sparks evacuation in Bohemia
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- Dozens of people were overcome when a chemical spilled in a Bohemia business Thursday afternoon.
Workers were evacuated from Communications Wireless Group, a company that refurbishes cell phones, on Wilbur Place.
Suffolk County police say authorities were called to CWG Communications in Bohemia at 12:30 Thursday afternoon.
A spokeswoman for Stony Brook Hospital said 54 adult patients were transported to the facility. The patients reported nausea and minor respiratory complaints including shortness of breath. All 54 were treated and stabilized.
The chemicals were said to be two cleaning agents that were inadvertently mixed.
The investigation is continuing by the Islip Fire Marshall.
long island, bohemia, chemical spill, hazmat, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey