Long Island News
Chemical spill sparks evacuation in Bohemia
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- Dozens of people were overcome when a chemical spilled in a Bohemia business Thursday afternoon.
Workers were evacuated from Communications Wireless Group, a company that refurbishes cell phones, on Wilbur Place.
Suffolk County police say authorities were called to CWG Communications in Bohemia at 12:30 Thursday afternoon.
A spokeswoman for Stony Brook Hospital said 54 adult patients were transported to the facility. The patients reported nausea and minor respiratory complaints including shortness of breath. All 54 were treated and stabilized.
The chemicals were said to be two cleaning agents that were inadvertently mixed.
The investigation is continuing by the Islip Fire Marshall.
long island, bohemia, chemical spill, hazmat, long island news
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 9 min ago
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip 54 min ago
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos