Long Island News
Police hunt for armed robber who hit Commack deli
COMMACK (WABC) -- Suffolk County police are asking for the public's help to identify and locate an unknown person who committed an armed robbery at a local convenience store in Commack.
The incident happened on August 8 at approximately 4:50 a.m., when a white mal, with a ski mask covering his face entered the 7-Eleven store located at 6230 Jericho Turnpike.
The suspect displayed a handgun to an employee inside the store and demanded that he give him the drawer that was in the cash register. The employee complied, and the suspect removed the cash and placed it into a plastic bag.
He then exited the store and fled south on Valmont Avenue on foot.
The subject is described as 20 to 30 years old, about 5-foot-10 with a thin build and curly brown hair. He was wearing a green T-shirt and baggy gray sweatpants.
Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, commack, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen