Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of suffocating dog
FRANKLIN SQUARE -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman for allegedly suffocating a friend's dog by tying two hair ties around his snout.
Nassau County police charged 29-year-old Nicole Ottaiano of Franklin Square with aggravated cruelty to animals.
Police say the dog, an 11-year-old Staffordshire terrier, was found not breathing Monday night.
They say the woman was observed earlier placing hair ties over the snout of one of the owner' other dogs, a Shepherd mix.
Police say the owner told her to remove them and then left the room. When he returned 20 minutes later, police say, he discovered the terrier not breathing under a bed blanket.
Ottaiano is set to be arraigned Tuesday. It's not immediately known if she had a lawyer.
long island, animal abuse, long island news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 12 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 4 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 26 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 4 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
12 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos