Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of suffocating dog
FRANKLIN SQUARE -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman for allegedly suffocating a friend's dog by tying two hair ties around his snout.
Nassau County police charged 29-year-old Nicole Ottaiano of Franklin Square with aggravated cruelty to animals.
Police say the dog, an 11-year-old Staffordshire terrier, was found not breathing Monday night.
They say the woman was observed earlier placing hair ties over the snout of one of the owner' other dogs, a Shepherd mix.
Police say the owner told her to remove them and then left the room. When he returned 20 minutes later, police say, he discovered the terrier not breathing under a bed blanket.
Ottaiano is set to be arraigned Tuesday. It's not immediately known if she had a lawyer.
long island, animal abuse, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos