Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of suffocating dog
FRANKLIN SQUARE -- Police have arrested a Long Island woman for allegedly suffocating a friend's dog by tying two hair ties around his snout.
Nassau County police charged 29-year-old Nicole Ottaiano of Franklin Square with aggravated cruelty to animals.
Police say the dog, an 11-year-old Staffordshire terrier, was found not breathing Monday night.
They say the woman was observed earlier placing hair ties over the snout of one of the owner' other dogs, a Shepherd mix.
Police say the owner told her to remove them and then left the room. When he returned 20 minutes later, police say, he discovered the terrier not breathing under a bed blanket.
Ottaiano is set to be arraigned Tuesday. It's not immediately known if she had a lawyer.
long island, animal abuse, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos