Long Island News
Swan shot by arrow to be released into wild
RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- The Swan shot with an arrow in Suffolk County will be released back into the wild Tuesday.
The release will take place at Indian Island Golf Course in Riverhead at 11 a.m.
The Swan was found near Indian Island County Park on July 21st.
It was treated at the Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Rescue Center in Hampton Bays and made a full recovery.
The Suffolk SPCA is still offering a $14,750 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for shooting the Swan with the arrow.
Anyone with information can contact the Suffolk County SPCA at 631-382-7722. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, animals, animal abuse, long island news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 14 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line 32 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire 55 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
34 min ago