Long Island News
Man's body recovered from ocean off Jones Beach
NEW YORK -- A man's body has been recovered off a Long Island beach and authorities are trying to determine if he is a surfer who went missing last week.
The New York State Park Police say the body of a man who appeared to be about 30 was recovered Monday afternoon from the ocean off Jones Beach. He was wearing a wetsuit and had no identification.
The medical examiner will now try to determine whether he is Zachary Gottfried, a 31-year-old surfer last seen in the water off Gilgo State Park, seven miles to the east, on Thursday.
long island, body found, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 47 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 46 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act