Long Island News
LI couple charged with failing to stop teen drinking
DIX HILLS (WABC) -- Two adults on Long Island are now charged with failing to stop underaged drinking. A 16-year-old girl was killed by a car after leaving a house party they hosted in April.
Robert and Lorri Gelb of Dix Hills are due back in court on Nov. 10.
State Police Investigator James Chadwick says the Gelbs are not accused of giving the students alcohol. But he alleges they did not take appropriate "legal steps" to stop it.
If they're found guilty of violating Suffolk County's social host law, the Gelbs could be fined $500.
Police say they've also charged a Commack store clerk with selling alcohol that minors took to the party.
long island, dix hills, underage drinking, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster