Long Island News
LI mom arrested, accused of letting teens drink
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A Long Island woman was arrested after she allegedly let teenagers drink at her home.
Officers responding to noise complaints discovered the intoxicated teens.
Police say beer and the caffeinated malt liquor known as "Four Loko" were offered to fourteen and fifteen year-old children.
"We have numerous witnesses who were there that will say that this woman facilitated and encouraged drinking on her property," said Suffolk Police Lieutenant, John Cahill.
One of those witnesses, police say, was a fourteen year-old girl who was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning.
McKinney's lawyer insists the party spilled over onto a large field behind her home.
McKinney is charged with endangering the welfare of a child. She has been released on bail and is set to be arraigned in Central Islip in November.
long island, ronkonkoma, arrest, underage drinking, long island news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 13 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas