Long Island News
LI mom arrested, accused of letting teens drink
RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- A Long Island woman was arrested after she allegedly let teenagers drink at her home.
Officers responding to noise complaints discovered the intoxicated teens.
Police say beer and the caffeinated malt liquor known as "Four Loko" were offered to fourteen and fifteen year-old children.
"We have numerous witnesses who were there that will say that this woman facilitated and encouraged drinking on her property," said Suffolk Police Lieutenant, John Cahill.
One of those witnesses, police say, was a fourteen year-old girl who was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning.
McKinney's lawyer insists the party spilled over onto a large field behind her home.
McKinney is charged with endangering the welfare of a child. She has been released on bail and is set to be arraigned in Central Islip in November.
long island, ronkonkoma, arrest, underage drinking, long island news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos