Long Island News
SBU student, mom facing deportation, but not today
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A student at Stony Brook University and her mother reported to immigration officials Thursday for deportation to their native Bangladesh, but an official ruled they would not be deported immediately.
Habib was 20 months old when she moved to Queens with her mother, but she just recently learned of her undocumented status.
Nadia's father has a green card, so he'll remain in this country, and her three siblings were born here, so they're citizens.
Nadia says she's being sent to a country where she doesn't even speak the language.
long island, queens, stony brook, stony brook university, long island news
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire 16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer today!
23 min ago