Long Island News
SBU student, mom facing deportation, but not today
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A student at Stony Brook University and her mother reported to immigration officials Thursday for deportation to their native Bangladesh, but an official ruled they would not be deported immediately.
Habib was 20 months old when she moved to Queens with her mother, but she just recently learned of her undocumented status.
Nadia's father has a green card, so he'll remain in this country, and her three siblings were born here, so they're citizens.
Nadia says she's being sent to a country where she doesn't even speak the language.
long island, queens, stony brook, stony brook university, long island news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 9 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 12 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos