Long Island News
SBU student, mom facing deportation, but not today
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A student at Stony Brook University and her mother reported to immigration officials Thursday for deportation to their native Bangladesh, but an official ruled they would not be deported immediately.
Habib was 20 months old when she moved to Queens with her mother, but she just recently learned of her undocumented status.
Nadia's father has a green card, so he'll remain in this country, and her three siblings were born here, so they're citizens.
Nadia says she's being sent to a country where she doesn't even speak the language.
long island, queens, stony brook, stony brook university, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 31 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 21 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
37 min ago