Long Island News
Health dept. to hold meetings after TB scare on LI
COMMACK, N.Y. (WABC) -- A tuberculosis scare at a high school on Long Island has many parents understandably worried.
So the health department plans to hold meetings at Commack High School in Suffolk County Thursday and Friday.
Officials say someone associated with the school had been walking around with a highly contagious TB infection since April.
As many as 400 people may have been exposed.
Symptoms include a persistent cough, night sweats, high fever and exhaustion.
Commack School District or call 631-787-2200.
long island, commack, suffolk county, tuberculosis, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos