Long Island News
Health dept. to hold meetings after TB scare on LI
COMMACK, N.Y. (WABC) -- A tuberculosis scare at a high school on Long Island has many parents understandably worried.
So the health department plans to hold meetings at Commack High School in Suffolk County Thursday and Friday.
Officials say someone associated with the school had been walking around with a highly contagious TB infection since April.
As many as 400 people may have been exposed.
Symptoms include a persistent cough, night sweats, high fever and exhaustion.
Commack School District or call 631-787-2200.
long island, commack, suffolk county, tuberculosis, long island news
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Police ID suspect in NJ Marine's murder
- Former Roselle Park Police Chief fatally struck by car
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- Police hunt for Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown 911 calls to be released Wednesday
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- ESPN Source: Ellsbury, Yanks agree on 7-year deal
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos