Long Island News
Health dept. to hold meetings after TB scare on LI
COMMACK, N.Y. (WABC) -- A tuberculosis scare at a high school on Long Island has many parents understandably worried.
So the health department plans to hold meetings at Commack High School in Suffolk County Thursday and Friday.
Officials say someone associated with the school had been walking around with a highly contagious TB infection since April.
As many as 400 people may have been exposed.
Symptoms include a persistent cough, night sweats, high fever and exhaustion.
Commack School District or call 631-787-2200.
long island, commack, suffolk county, tuberculosis, long island news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 46 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 50 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 3 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
46 min ago