Long Island News
Body pulled from Long Island water's after boat capsizes
PORT WASHINGTON (WABC) -- Crews appear to have located the body of a man missing off the waters of Long Island.
He was one of four people on a boat that overturned off Port Washington in Nassau County. The others were rescued after hours in the water clinging to a boat anchored in the marina.
The missing man was said to be a Hispanic male wearing jeans and a winter coat.
Authorities say the four are all co-workers at a nearby restaurant who got off work and went to the town dock, where they went out in a row boat reserved for boat owners who have slips at the dock. They reportedly paddled out sometime between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.
The Coast Guard received a report that a 14-foot row boat with four people aboard had capsized in Manhasset Bay.
The victims had reportedly been drinking.
The missing man was not wearing a lifejacket.
Around 10 a.m., a marina employee found three men.
The three who were rescued were being treated for hypothermia. Officials were hopeful the fourth man managed to get to shore or cling to another boat.
long island, port washington, water rescue, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 40 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 44 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Winter Weather Advisory
20 min ago