Long Island News
Body pulled from Long Island water's after boat capsizes
PORT WASHINGTON (WABC) -- Crews appear to have located the body of a man missing off the waters of Long Island.
He was one of four people on a boat that overturned off Port Washington in Nassau County. The others were rescued after hours in the water clinging to a boat anchored in the marina.
The missing man was said to be a Hispanic male wearing jeans and a winter coat.
Authorities say the four are all co-workers at a nearby restaurant who got off work and went to the town dock, where they went out in a row boat reserved for boat owners who have slips at the dock. They reportedly paddled out sometime between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.
The Coast Guard received a report that a 14-foot row boat with four people aboard had capsized in Manhasset Bay.
The victims had reportedly been drinking.
The missing man was not wearing a lifejacket.
Around 10 a.m., a marina employee found three men.
The three who were rescued were being treated for hypothermia. Officials were hopeful the fourth man managed to get to shore or cling to another boat.
long island, port washington, water rescue, long island news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 34 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 1 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
34 min ago