Long Island News
Man charged with DWI with children in the car
BABYLON, NY (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Copiague man with driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police say 46-year-old Reynaldo Jackson was driving on Deer Park Avenue in Babylon on Saturday afternoon when he rear-ended another vehicle at the intersection of Simon Street and Babylon.
When police arrived, they noticed Jackson was impaired and placed him under arrest.
Jackson's 12-year-old son and 2-year-old grandson, who were also in the car, where taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip as a precaution.
No one else treated
Jackson was charged with Driving While Intoxicated with a Child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
long island, dwi, dwi with child, leandra's law, accident, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen