Long Island News
Man charged with DWI with children in the car
BABYLON, NY (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Copiague man with driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police say 46-year-old Reynaldo Jackson was driving on Deer Park Avenue in Babylon on Saturday afternoon when he rear-ended another vehicle at the intersection of Simon Street and Babylon.
When police arrived, they noticed Jackson was impaired and placed him under arrest.
Jackson's 12-year-old son and 2-year-old grandson, who were also in the car, where taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip as a precaution.
No one else treated
Jackson was charged with Driving While Intoxicated with a Child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
long island, dwi, dwi with child, leandra's law, accident, long island news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 52 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 9 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 22 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
52 min ago