Long Island News
Man charged with DWI with children in the car
BABYLON, NY (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Copiague man with driving while intoxicated with two children in the car.
Police say 46-year-old Reynaldo Jackson was driving on Deer Park Avenue in Babylon on Saturday afternoon when he rear-ended another vehicle at the intersection of Simon Street and Babylon.
When police arrived, they noticed Jackson was impaired and placed him under arrest.
Jackson's 12-year-old son and 2-year-old grandson, who were also in the car, where taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip as a precaution.
No one else treated
Jackson was charged with Driving While Intoxicated with a Child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
long island, dwi, dwi with child, leandra's law, accident, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act