Long Island News
Woman seriously hurt in Long Island hit and run
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A woman in her 50s was hit and seriously injured by a driver who then fled the scene on Long Island Saturday.
Police say the woman was crossing the street near the intersection of Fulton Avenue and Peninsula Boulevard in Hempstead when she was struck around 4 p.m.
She was rushed to Nassau University Medical Center, where she is listed in serious condition.
She suffered serious head trauma.
Police located the suspect's vehicle several blocks away abandoned. The driver apparently took off on foot.
Police are interviewing witnesses to the accident right now, and the investigation is ongoing.
long island, hempstead, hit and run accident, long island news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide