Long Island News
Woman seriously hurt in Long Island hit and run
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A woman in her 50s was hit and seriously injured by a driver who then fled the scene on Long Island Saturday.
Police say the woman was crossing the street near the intersection of Fulton Avenue and Peninsula Boulevard in Hempstead when she was struck around 4 p.m.
She was rushed to Nassau University Medical Center, where she is listed in serious condition.
She suffered serious head trauma.
Police located the suspect's vehicle several blocks away abandoned. The driver apparently took off on foot.
Police are interviewing witnesses to the accident right now, and the investigation is ongoing.
long island, hempstead, hit and run accident, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos