Long Island News
LI man accused of striking 7-month-old son
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of repeatedly striking his 7-month-old son.
Nassau County police say 23-year-old Omar Flores, of Hempstead, struck the infant about the head and body Monday afternoon.
Police say the baby suffered swelling, contusions and abrasions.
He was taken to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
Police charged Flores with assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
long island, hempstead, child abuse, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos