Long Island News
Skateboarder hit and killed by car on LI
SYOSSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- There was a deadly crash on Long Island involving a car and two skateboarders.
It happened Sunday on busy South Oyster Bay Road at Hicks Avenue in Syosset.
Police say a 2002 Chevrolet Impala, driven by a 32-year-old man, struck a 15-year-old boy on a skateboard.
The boy then collided with his friend who was skateboarding with him.
The boy who was struck by the car suffered a severe head injury and was taken to North Shore Syosset Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The other boy was taken to an area hospital by Nassau County Ambulance for treatment of a fractured ankle.
Detectives report no apparent criminality with the accident at this time.
The vehicle was impounded from the scene for brake and safety inspections.
Identification of the deceased is being withheld pending family notification.
long island, pedestrian struck, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos