Long Island News
Skateboarder hit and killed by car on LI
SYOSSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- There was a deadly crash on Long Island involving a car and two skateboarders.
It happened Sunday on busy South Oyster Bay Road at Hicks Avenue in Syosset.
Police say a 2002 Chevrolet Impala, driven by a 32-year-old man, struck a 15-year-old boy on a skateboard.
The boy then collided with his friend who was skateboarding with him.
The boy who was struck by the car suffered a severe head injury and was taken to North Shore Syosset Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The other boy was taken to an area hospital by Nassau County Ambulance for treatment of a fractured ankle.
Detectives report no apparent criminality with the accident at this time.
The vehicle was impounded from the scene for brake and safety inspections.
Identification of the deceased is being withheld pending family notification.
long island, pedestrian struck, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 56 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos