Long Island News
Man rescued after boat overturns
MORICHES INLET (WABC) -- A boater is back on dry land after being rescued off Long Island.
Joe Eolosa, another boater, attempted to assist Fargione, but was unsuccessful.
Eolosa's boat then became grounded on a sand bar and Fargione, who was wearing a life jacket, was thrown into the water after his boat capsized.
While on patrol aboard Marine M, Marine Patrol Officers Michael Axelson, Robert Daniels and Kevin Comiskey were alerted to a distress call regarding Fargione's vessel.
The Suffolk County Police Department's Aviation Unit assisted the Marine Bureau officers to locate Fargione by using an infrared camera and night vision goggles.
Fargione, 40, of Patchogue, was provided emergency care and wrapped in blankets. He was transported to the Moriches Coast Guard Station and was then taken by ambulance to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue for treatment of Hypothermia.
Eolosa, of East Patchogue, refused rescue.
long island, suffolk county, moriches, water rescue, long island news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 15 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos