Long Island News
EMT accused of sex abuse in ambulance
SHIRLEY, N.Y. (WABC) -- An EMT is under arrest in Suffolk County for allegedly sexually abusing a young woman while she was being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
During the course of treatment, a medical technician, Kristopher Kahl, 22, made inappropriate sexual contact with the patient's intimate parts on November 4 at approximately 11:40 a.m. in Shirley.
Kahl was working for the Mastic Ambulance Company at the time of the incident.
Following an investigation by Seventh Squad detectives, Kahl, of Middle Island, was arrested Wednesday and charged with Sexual Abuse 3rd Degree.
Kahl was released on stationhouse bail.
He will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a future date.
Detectives are asking anyone that may have information about this crime to call Seventh Squad at 631-852-8752 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, sex crime, sexual assault, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 32 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident