Long Island News
LI cop on way to DWI checkpoint hit by drunk driver
MOUNT SINAI (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing drunk driving charges after crashing into a police car.
The accident happened in Moutn Sinai around 1:45 a.m. Thursday.
A police officer was transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center with neck and back injuries.
The officer was hit while on the way to set up a DWI checkpoint.
long island, mount sinai, drunk driving, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ